Jerry's car gets stolen when Sid, the guy he pays to move his car to avoid parking tickets, leaves the keys inside (hence, creating a hilarious scene at the car rental agency). George, still unemployed, offers to fill in for Sid while he is away. He doesn't do so well, getting easily flustered and ends up crashing Jerry's rental car.
Kramer has landed a line in a Woody Allen movie that is filming in the area, the line being "these pretzels are making me thirsty." He was originally only an extra. He is fired from the film, however, when he breaks a glass, causing a piece to hit Woody Allen.
Elaine is dating author Owen March, a much older man. Initially she finds the relationship exciting, but now she wants to break up. On her way home from lunch, Owen suffers a stroke. Elaine still hadn't broken up with him, but because of the stroke, he can't communicate. She still wants to, even though she worries about being ostracized by the community. Nevertheless, she eventually breaks up with him.
Jerry finds out there are no cars, even though he has a reservation. He says, "But the reservation keeps the car here. That's why you have the reservation."
Agent: I know why we have reservations.
Jerry: I don't think you do. ... See, you know how to take the reservation. You just don't know how to hold the reservation. And that's really the most important part of the reservation, the holding. Anybody can just take them.
Notes About Nothing
- The plot has Woody Allen making a film in the vicinity of Jerry's apartment. Woody is one of Larry David's favorite comics.
- Sid (Jay Brooks) also appears in "The Parking Space".
- First appearance of Jerry's bicycle hanging in the hall (the bookcase gone.)
- Kramer's role in the Woody Allen movie leads him to Hollywood to pursue an acting career later in the series.
- In 2012, Jerry Seinfeld identified this as his least favorite episode, saying the stroke patient storyline made him feel uncomfortable
- For this episode's quotes, see The Alternate Side/Quotes.
"These pretzels are making me thirsty." (Kramer's line in a Woody Allen movie)
|Season Three Episodes|
|The Note | The Truth | The Pen | The Dog | The Library | The Parking Garage | The Cafe | The Tape | The Nose Job | The Stranded | The Alternate Side | The Red Dot | The Subway | The Pez Dispenser | The Suicide | The Fix-Up | The Boyfriend, Part 1 | The Boyfriend, Part 2 | The Limo | The Good Samaritan | The Letter | The Parking Space | The Keys|