Elaine breaks up with her boyfriend Kevin (from "The Soul Mate"), but they decide to remain friends. Much to Elaine's surprise, Kevin is thrilled at the idea, and starts becoming a much more reliable friend than Jerry. Meanwhile, Kramer accidentally gets a job at a company called Brand/Leland when he aids an employee in the hall and starts going to meetings. He fits right in and starts working there for no pay, stating he is doing it "just for me."
Jerry starts dating Gillian, an attractive woman whose only flaw is that she has "man hands." George uses a picture of Gillian to get into the "forbidden city," a club of attractive women and models that used to be a meat packing plant, by saying that Gillian is his late fiancée Susan Ross. He accidentally burns the picture with a hair dryer. Jerry becomes bored at home, now that Kramer is "working", Elaine is always hanging out with Kevin and his friends (Gene and Feldman, who are complete opposites of George and Kramer), and George only comes to him when he wants something.
Kramer gets fired by Leland because of his incomprehensible work. Jerry wants to be "just friends" with Gillian, who doesn't take well to the idea. As he tries to get another picture of her from her purse for George, she grabs Jerry's wrist (which Jerry later describes as almost ripping his arm right out of the socket). George tries to use a picture of a model from a magazine to get back into the club, but his plan is foiled when he accidentally confronts exactly the same model from the magazine picture and gets kicked out. Elaine decides to stay with her "Bizarro friends", but changes her mind when they don't take to some of the things she usually does with Jerry; i.e., eating from the fridge and knocking someone down with her outbursts of "get out!"
George takes Jerry to the location of the club, but all they find is a deserted meat packing plant.
A scene with the Bizarro characters is played out at Kevin's apartment.
Notes About Nothing
- The concept of a Bizarro universe is directly taken from the Superman universe, in addition to verbal references to Superman: There is a Bizarro Superman action figure in Kevin's apartment.
- The signature Seinfeld theme song is played backwards throughout the tag, another reference to the "Bizarro" theme.
- Kramer's work sequence is set to the tune of the song "Morning Train (Nine to Five)" by Sheena Easton. The song would be used again in Season 9's "The Butter Shave", when George is hired at Play Now.
- When George is combing his hair at home, there is a poster of Dennis Franz in the background, which George uses as a guide for combing his hair.
- The actress who plays Gillian is Kristin Bauer. She has been cast in various TV shows, in particular CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Crossing Jordan and Desperate Housewives, usually for only one episode. She had been featured in the February 2002 issue of Maxim as the #50 girl.
- This episode features Kramer's 300th entrance.
|Season Eight Episodes|
|The Foundation | The Soul Mate | The Bizarro Jerry | The Little Kicks | The Package | The Fatigues | The Checks | The Chicken Roaster | The Abstinence | The Andrea Doria | The Little Jerry | The Money | The Comeback | The Van Buren Boys | The Susie | The Pothole | The English Patient | The Nap | The Yada Yada | The Millennium | The Muffin Tops | The Summer of George|