"The Trip, Part 1" is episode 1 of Season 4 and the 41st overall, and it first aired August 12, 1992.
In Los Angeles, a dead body of a woman is found, and on her is a treatment that Kramer gave to her (another copy was given to Fred Savage). Kramer becomes the main suspect for the "Smog Strangler" murders as a result of this incident.
Meanwhile, Jerry forgets the wording to one of his jokes and blames his hotel maid, Lupe, for throwing out his notes.
Notes About Nothing
- This is the second episode of a three-episode arc of Kramer leaving, starting with “The Keys”.
- This and Part 2 never aired together as a one-hour episode.
- Ann Talman, Michael Richards' then-girlfriend, is the woman bouncing next to him in the exercise video scene.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus missed the first few episodes of Season Four because of maternity leave.
- This and “Part 2” were voted worst Seinfeld episodes of all time due to lack of comedy.
- "I'm not crazy. I may look weird, but I'm just like you… I'm just a regular guy trying to make it in this business." - Kramer
- "Alrighty, so that's one tuck and one no tuck." - George
|Season Four Episodes|
|The Trip, Part 1 | The Trip, Part 2 | The Pitch | The Ticket | The Wallet | The Watch | The Bubble Boy | The Cheever Letters | The Opera | The Virgin | The Contest | The Airport | The Pick | The Movie | The Visa | The Shoes | The Outing | The Old Man | The Implant | The Junior Mint | The Smelly Car | The Handicap Spot | The Pilot, Part 1 | The Pilot, Part 2|